- Consignments are accepted by appointment Wednesday through Saturday.
- All items must be in perfect condition, clean, pressed, and on hangers. We accept sizes 00 - 26. Your hangers will be switched out and returned to you at the end of your appointment.
- Consignor agreement is approximately 60 days.
- Each consignor receives 40% of the selling price after the item has sold. After 60 days, all consigned items will expire. It is the responsibility of each consignor to monitor your consignor account on Consignor Login. Worth the Wait will not contact you regarding the status of any consigned items.
- It is the responsibility of each consignor to contact Worth the Wait prior to the 60-day expiration date.
- Consignor has 7 days from the contract expiration to retrieve any unsold items. After 7 days, all unsold items become property of the store for clearance or donation. Consignor will receive a tax credit if requested. Please contact Worth the Wait one week prior to the end of your consignment agreement to request qualifying unsold items.
- After your contract period ends, you can request a check or use store credit for any money you’ve earned. If you elect to use store credit, we will match your funds by 10% - which makes it a 50% split! Your store credit is available in your account before your consignor agreement ends and you may view the money earned anytime by signing into your Consignor Login account online.
BRANDS WE ACCEPT
3.1 Phillip Lam, 7 for all Mankind, AG Jeans, A.L.C., Alexander Wang, alice + Olivia, Ann Taylor, Anne Klein, Brooks Brothers, Burberry, Calvin Klein, CHANEL, Chico’s, Christian Louboutin, Citizens of Humanity, Coach, Dior, DVF, Joie, Kate Spade, Lafayette 148, Lilly Pulitzer, LOFT, Michael Kors, Nanette Lepore, Nine West, NYDJ, Tibi, Trina Turk, Tory Burch, Uggs, Vince, Anthropologie Brands, BCBG, Banana Republic, Betsey Johnson, Birkenstock, Boden, Eileen Fisher, Escada, Express, Gucci, J. Crew, Joe’s Jeans, Prada, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Rebecca Taylor, Stuart Weitzman, Talbots, Theory, and other upscale fashion labels.
BEST SELLING HANDBAGSBrahmin, Burberry, Celine, CHANEL, Coach, Dior, Dooney & Bourke, Ferragamo, GUCCI, Hobo, Kate Spade, Longchamp, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Prada, Tory Burch, YSL, and other well-known handbag designers.
Some of our best selling Designer Jewelry and Accessories labels are: CHANEL, David Yurman, GUCCI, John Hardy, Lagos, and Tiffany just to name a few!
We do not accept labels from discount stores such as Walmart, Target, JCPenney, Kmart, Old Navy, and Sears. This can be a difficult decision because these stores offer cute, trendy, and seasonal items. It is paramount that we honor our promise to all of our customers and maintain the standard and reputation of Worth the Wait.
TIMING IS EVERYTHING
We accept in- season merchandise as follows:
Spring: February, March, and April
Summer: May, June, and July
Fall: August, September, and October
Winter: November, December, and January
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please review your items carefully prior to your scheduled consignment appointment for the following:
- Stains. Please look at the underarm area for stains and, or, deodorant marks. For collared shirts and jackets, please check the inside of the collar for any discoloration. On long sleeved items, check the cuffs for stains and, or, discoloration. On long pants/jeans, please check hems. Formals and long dresses often have staining at the bottom/hem. If your item needs to be laundered, please do so prior to bringing them in for consignment.
- Buttons. Please check for missing buttons.
- Odor. Items with strong odors such as cigarette/cigar smoke, perfume, and/or moth balls will not be accepted. If your items do have a strong odor, please have them laundered prior to your visit.
- Pet hair. Please make sure all items are rolled and free of any pet hair. It’s good to note that adding a garment bag to your items will prevent any pet hair that may cling after transporting.
- Sequins/appliques. Please check for missing/loose sequins or appliqués.
- Rips/tears. Please check for any rips/tears especially for the zipper area in dresses/skirts.
- Current fashions. Please note that we only accept items that are current. A good rule of thumb is making sure item was purchased within the last 3-4 years. If your items still have retail tags attached, please leave them on. We can list a higher asking price for brand new items.
- Vintage clothing. We do accept high-end brands of vintage clothing, handbags and jewelry in good condition. Some Vintage brands our customers love are Chanel, St. John, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton.
- Shoes. Please be sure to clean everywhere within the footwear including the bottoms and soles of the shoe. The cleaner or newer looking the item, the higher the returns.
Our goal is to get the highest price for you, the consignor, while providing the highest standards of quality clothing and brands for our customer. We truly appreciate you entrusting Worth the Wait to sell your items!